Definitions and interpretation
collectively all information that you submit to
Soya UK Ltd via the Website. This definition
incorporates, where applicable, the definitions
provided in the Data Protection Laws;
Data Protection Laws
any applicable law relating to the processing of
personal Data, including but not limited to the
Directive 96/46/EC (Data Protection Directive) or
the GDPR, and any national implementing laws,
regulations and secondary legislation, for as long
as the GDPR is effective in the UK;
the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679;
Soya UK Ltd, or us
Soya UK Ltd, a company incorporated in England
and Wales with registered number 4002344 whose
registered office is at Longways House, Burnetts
Lane West End Southampton, Hampshire, SO30
User or you
any third party that accesses the Website and is
not either (i) employed by Soya UK Ltd and
acting in the course of their employment or (ii)
engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing
services to Soya UK Ltd and accessing the
Website in connection with the provision of such
the website that you are currently using,
www.soya-uk.com, and any sub-domains of this
site unless expressly excluded by their own terms
- the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
- references to sub-clauses, clauses, schedules or appendices are to sub-clauses, clauses,
- a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
- "including" is understood to mean "including without limitation";
- reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
Website. It does not extend to any websites that can be accessed from this Website including, but
not limited to, any links we may provide to social media websites.
4. For purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, Soya UK Ltd is the "data controller". This
means that Soya UK Ltd determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, your Data is
5. We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
- job title;
- contact Information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
- How we collect Data
6. We collect Data in the following ways:
- data is given to us by you; and
- data is collected automatically.
Data that is given to us by you
7. Soya UK Ltd will collect your Data in a number of ways, for example:
- when you contact us through the Website, by telephone, post, e-mail or through any other
- when you elect to receive marketing communications from us;
- when you use our services;
Data that is collected automatically
8. To the extent that you access the Website, we will collect your Data automatically, for example:
- we automatically collect some information about your visit to the Website. This information
helps us to make improvements to Website content and navigation, and includes your IP
address, the date, times and frequency with which you access the Website and the way you use
and interact with its content.
Our use of Data
9. Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with
the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used
by us for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping;
- improvement of our products / services;
- transmission by email of marketing materials that may be of interest to you;
- contact for market research purposes which may be done using email, telephone, fax or mail. Such information may be used to customise or update the Website;
- if the enquiry results in a sale or purchase of goods that the user agrees to;
10. We may use your Data for the above purposes if we deem it necessary to do so for our legitimate
interests. If you are not satisfied with this, you have the right to object in certain circumstances
(see the section headed "Your rights" below).
11. For the delivery of direct marketing to you via e-mail, we'll need your consent, whether via an
opt-in or soft-opt-in:
- soft opt-in consent is a specific type of consent which applies when you have previously
engaged with us (for example, you contact us to ask us for more details about a particular
product/service, and we are marketing similar products/services). Under "soft opt-in" consent,
we will take your consent as given unless you opt-out.
- for other types of e-marketing, we are required to obtain your explicit consent; that is, you need
to take positive and affirmative action when consenting by, for example, checking a tick box
that we'll provide.
- if you are not satisfied about our approach to marketing, you have the right to withdraw consent
at any time. To find out how to withdraw your consent, see the section headed "Your rights"
Who we share Data with
12. We may share your Data with the following groups of people for the following reasons:
- our employees, agents and/or professional advisors - To provide the information that the user
would like to receive from Soya UK Ltd.;
Keeping Data secure
13. We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your Data, for example:
- we store your Data on secure servers.
14. Technical and organisational measures include measures to deal with any suspected data breach.
If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your Data, please let us know
immediately by contacting us via this e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
15. If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and
your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems,
please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading
16. Unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law, we will only hold your Data on
you request that the Data be deleted.
17. Even if we delete your Data, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or
18. You have the following rights in relation to your Data:
- Right to access - the right to request (i) copies of the information we hold about you at any
time, or (ii) that we modify, update or delete such information. If we provide you with access to
the information we hold about you, we will not charge you for this, unless your request is
"manifestly unfounded or excessive." Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse
your request. If we refuse your request, we will tell you the reasons why.
- Right to correct - the right to have your Data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erase - the right to request that we delete or remove your Data from our systems.
- Right to restrict our use of your Data - the right to "block" us from using your Data or limit
the way in which we can use it.
- Right to data portability - the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your Data.
- Right to object - the right to object to our use of your Data including where we use it for our
19. To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the
processing of your Data (where consent is our legal basis for processing your Data), please contact
us via this e-mail address: email@example.com.
20. If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make in relation to your Data is handled by
us, you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority. For the UK,
this is the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO). The ICO's contact details can be found on
their website at https://ico.org.uk/.
21. It is important that the Data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if
your Data changes during the period for which we hold it.
Links to other websites
22. This Website may, from time to time, provide links to other websites. We have no control over
other websites prior to using them.
Changes of business ownership and control
23. Soya UK Ltd may, from time to time, expand or reduce our business and this may involve the
sale and/or the transfer of control of all or part of Soya UK Ltd. Data provided by Users will,
where it is relevant to any part of our business so transferred, be transferred along with that part
permitted to use the Data for the purposes for which it was originally supplied to us.
24. We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
25. In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
provision) is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that provision or part-provision will, to the extent
required, be deemed to be deleted, and the validity and enforceability of the other provisions of
28. Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy
will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
29. This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales.
All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the
English and Welsh courts.
time to time or as may be required by law. Any changes will be immediately posted on the Website
Website following the alterations.
You may contact Soya UK Ltd by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
01 May 2018